On a cold wintry day, nothing like basking in the warmth of the kitchen. Michelle, my friend was happy to take pictures for my very first blog post. It felt odd and I had no idea where and how to start talking about food and cooking. As the basics of cooking veggies are always the same…. with little variations!!!!
Ready in 20 mins!!!
Recipe of Alu Gobi …. for 4 -6 people
1 head cauliflower – Diced
3 red potatoes – Cubed
1 yellow onion – Diced
1 C Carrots – Shredded
1 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1. HEAT 3 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick
2. ROAST Cumin and Fennel seeds for 2 mins
3. ADD onions; SAUTE for 2 mins
4. ADD Tumeric & Chilly Powder; SAUTE for 2 mins
5. ADD Potatoes; SAUTE for 2 mins
6. ADD Coriander Powder & Cumin Powder; BLEND
5. ADD the Cauliflower; BLEND
6. ADD the shredded carrots; ADD Salt to taste
7. SAUTE for about 3 – 4 mins
8. Cover and COOK on medium-low heat for about 20+ mins.
9. Enjoy with toasted Pita Bread.
4 thoughts on “Cooking Alu – Gobi | A demo for Michelle”
I need to buy some cauliflower so I can make this soon! So glad you have started this blog and these classes, Ish!
Thanks Susan! I just made some yesterday and made it slightly different by adding onions and peas…
I had the good fortune to bring leftovers for my lunch today. It was delicious and my coworkers were jealouss! Excellent dish!- Michelle B.
Thanks! Michelle… I could have this website ready because of you….